How to Make Insurance Claim – Make a Car Insurance Claim after accident – Have you been thinking the best way to make your insurance claim! Have you been involved in any accident with your car and want to lay a car accident claims, there is a procedure for that. See how to make an insurance claim now.
Most of us who have registered with an insurance company in USA, Canada, Netherlands, Australia and South Africa have in one way or the other involved in an accident but failed to claim our rights due to not knowing the right way to follow the accident claims with your insurance company.
There are so many claims to lay especially when it has to do with life, the best thing to do is to table personal injury claims which will be looked into immediately. This claim is being handled by personal injury solicitors that knows best about such cases.
On this post, I shall discuss with you the best way to make insurance claim and how to make a car insurance claim after an accident. Any body that has a car should try to insure it with a trusted insurance companies.
How to Make Insurance Claim
Follow this step-by-step procedure to claim your rights from any Insuarance conpany.
- Be prepared – keep good records
- Being prepared means you keep everything you need to hand just in case you need to make a claim.
- This means keeping receipts for the things that are insured, and keeping your policy documents safe.
- If you’ve insured valuable objects it’s a good idea to take photographs showing their condition.
- Your claim – step by step
- Report it
- Check your policy
- Find all the documentation
- Get the facts straight: Make sure you know:
- Times and dates
- Exactly what happened
- What you’re claiming for – how much money
- What you’re claiming for – how much money you expect to get
- Details of everyone involved (the other party in a car crash, perhaps, or the plumber that fixed your burst pipes)
- Bought through a broker? Call them first
- Call the insurance company’s helpline
How to Make A Car Insurance Claim After Having An Accident
According to source insurance claim advice to help you make a successful claim:
- Unless you’re certain you were at fault, don’t admit liability at the scene of an accident
- Make sure to exchange personal details with the other driver, including your name and address, phone number, car registration number, and make and model of the car
- Note the time, date and location of the accident and make a drawing of the accident if possible and include any photos you may have taken at the scene
- Complete all details on the claim form and provide extra details if required
- Provide the contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- Get a crime number from the police if the car insurance claim is as a result of a theft or vandalism, or you believe the accident was unlawful – such as suspected speeding or drunk driving or if the other driver is not insured
- Once you’ve contacted your insurer you’ll usually be sent a form to complete — try to give your insurer as much information as possible and provide all relevant documents when making a car insurance claim.
- Notify your insurer even if it’s only a minor accident — failure to do this could invalidate your car insurance.
Once you have followed these guidelines correctly, then you are sure to retrieve all your claim.
For more details on how to Make Insurance Claim – How to Make A Car Insurance Claim, use the comment section to contact us.