Use itunes file sharing to transfer files from iPhone devices to iPod and iPad. Itunes file sharing is the best medium to share files be it Music, Photos, videos and Apps for iphone device.
Use the ‘iTunes File Sharing’ interface to import, export or delete maps and GPX files via the USB cable connecting your Apple device and computer.
On this article, I want to share with you on how to use itunes file sharing application to share files like videos, apps, apk files and photos. If you have been looking for itune file sharing application for iPhone, this article is for you.
The ‘File Sharing’ section in iTunes shows the contents of the ViewRanger folder on your iPhone, iPod or iPad. It shows the files and sub-folders in the folder, but does not show the contents of sub-folders.
I want to quickly go straight to the main business of today ‘iTunes File Sharing For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch’. All you have to do is read to the end of this article to understand better how to use iTunes File Sharing.
How to Copy Files From Itunes to Computer
Here is the simple steps to copy files from iphone to computer device.
- Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable and on the computer run iTunes.
- In iTunes, make sure you are in the Library (not iTunes Store) and press the device button in the top left (top right in old version of iTunes) corner of the screen.
- Click Apps under Settings (apps tab in old version of iTunes)
- Scroll right down the page to the File Sharing section
- Click on ViewRanger in the Apps list and, after a few moments, the ViewRanger home folder is displayed under the Documents window on the right hand side of the screen.
iTunes File Sharing For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
To copy files onto the iPhone or iPad, this how to do it:
- Press the ‘Add File’ button
- A pop-up file choosing window titled ‘iTunes’
- Browse and select the file (or files) from your computer that you wish to add to the device.
- Press Open (on an iMac press ‘Add’).
- Progress will be indicated on the device and at the top of the iTunes window under the Apple logo.
Alternatively, drag files and drop them into the Documents window in iTunes. You cannot drag on a folder.
If you imported a zip file, then this must be manually un-zipped; open ViewRanger application on the device and select Menu tab, Import / export > Documents and click the zip, then Import ZIP/VRZ.
If you imported other files, then in the ViewRanger application on the device, select Menu tab, Import / export and Load new data.
Note: There is no confirmation message when you press this button, it just goes blue very briefly.
For comments on iTunes File Sharing For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch use the comment box below.